Thursday, July 3, 2008

Illustration Friday: fierce

It's been a long time since I picked up paints or pencils or anything. This afternoon, restless, I felt inspired to begin again. I didn't know where to start so I found this week's Illo Friday prompt (spot the prompt word!) and dug in.

My littlest brother, who is ten years old and has down syndrome, has been drawing these wonderful piratey people lately. The drawings are actually of my dad, who is more gypsy than pirate, but the teeth have something wondrously piratical about them:


It's the teeth that inspired me with my little painting. I wanted to use teeth like that somewhere! And what could be more fierce than a pirate awakened from his beauty sleep? Rarr!




Materials used: acrylic paints, metallic paints (you can't see clearly, but the cutlass is shimmery gold), and a good old Sharpie.

----------

conversations:

Princess-mia -- sadly they weren't at the function, so I have nobody else's wonderful remembrances to borrow!

Harriet -- Thank you my dear! I can't wait for you to immerse yourself back into the world of blogging. I want to here everything.

4 comments:

  1. You drew that very well. I liked Tain's drawing of your Dad, it was very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture=fantastic! :) Yay for little bro's inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So bold and bright. You've got my mind creating images of my dream kids' room with awesome art like this hung on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to Twitter? I always enjoyed reading it. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...