Friday, September 30, 2011

Abecedarium:

It's been a lo-o-o-ng week. From Monday onwards, I was convinced that the week was two days further ahead. It's felt like Saturday for a while but Saturday hasn't even reached here yet. So while my brain is fuzz, I'm borrowing an idea I've seen floating around other blogs, but first seen at Rachele's. If you feel inspired, do give it a try, too. It's a fun way to share the small details which might get missed in the usual blog post.

A. Age: well there's a 1 and a 3 in it, and I'm not thirteen.
B. Bed size: single; a white cast-iron frame that's probably a hundred years old.
C. Chore that you hate: cleaning the toilet (because it seems icky).
D. Dogs: I'm not especially a fan -- too much slobber and too much hair. I have nice memories of the dogs we had as I grew up, though.
E. Essential start to your day: my little morning ritual which includes breakfast, some reading, and checking my email.
F. Favorite color: this comes with too many disclaimers: for home decorating, soft white; for wearing, black (always classy); for painting, orange; for a bright splash, deep red.
G. Gold or Silver: I might be odd, but I like both -- just not at the same time.
H. Height: 5’7 1/2"
I. Instruments you play: piano.
J. Job title: writer and sometime music tutor.
K. Kids: I hope so, someday.
L. Live: pretty much everywhere, it seems.
M. Mother’s name: Catherine.
N. Nicknames: DeeDee and occasionally Dani.
O. Overnight hospital stays: only when I was a wee child.
P. Pet peeves: you're/your; tailgaters; serial speed-limit breakers.
Q. Quote from a movie: "I don't even remember Ruthie Pigface Draper!" [Dan in Real Life]
R. Right or left handed: right.
S. Siblings: four; two brothers and two sisters.
T. Time you wake up: this varies, and is usually my alarm set for 7 hours after I go to bed (which is, of course, never enough sleep).
U. Underwear: is essential.
V. Vegetable you hate: not a fan of tomato in big chunks.
W. What makes you run late: wasting time. Wouldn't this answer be the same for everyone?
X. X-Rays you’ve had: feet and teeth, both repeatedly.
Y. Yummy food that you make: um, can't think! Those who may have eaten my food and found it yummy may fill in their own answer here.
Z. Zoo animal: meerkats are kind of dorky, skitchy, and cool.

Okay, Saturday is less than twenty minutes away, so happy weekend!

* * * * *

Conversations:

Laura Elizabeth -- you were first and only! How doubly glad I am for your comment of greatness! I love that you called my parents' place The Big House. That's awesome. And yes, I must make those brownies. I really must. If it's finals week for you, hope it all goes well. If you are finished for the term, ENJOY! xx

3 comments:

  1. You'd like my dog. She's doesn't slobber and she is fairly short-haired ;) Actually, I can't imagine life without her.

    Cute pic of you!

    I'm more of a silver person.

    Nice height :) Not too tall and not too short.

    I'm with you on the tailgaters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're bed is at least 120. (hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love meerkats too, and I don't like serial speed-limit breakers, but what bugs me even more are those who drive 10ks under the speed limit and then come to a round-about, speed up, and take the inside lane. I feel much better now that I have that off my chest. :)

    Happy weekend to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...