Thursday, November 3, 2011

[short + sweet] summertime wishlist

Once school is over, I plan to work from home fairly steadily through the holidays. However, there will of course be more scheduling flexibility so I've slowly been making a mental checklist of Things I Really Would Love to Do over Summer Break. In no particular order:
  1. read and comment on my friends' blogs on a regular basis
  2. write letters!
  3. plan a really good daily menu
  4. go garage saleing
  5. spend some sunsets out on the Point
  6. read Crossed by Ally Condie
  7. continue working through Wreck This Journal
  8. start reading Finish this Book
  9. blog about them both!
  10. write an end-of-year-newsletter (it didn't happen last year; boo!)
  11. call my niece and nephew on the phone more
  12. do chores in the mornings rather than in odd snatches here and there
  13. look at Christmas lights!
  14. go to a carols evening
  15. watch a movie in the middle of the day
  16. cook meals for my family
I'm sure there'll be more on the list. I'll just keep adding to it. Is there any time over Christmas when you get a break from the usual and can spend time on the unusual? What would be on your list?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds great! May I come garage saleing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see everyone making "Fall" to-do lists... and I think they're a great idea but I can never think of anything for myself! I think I would like to do a hike or something before it gets too hot.

    PS My schedule is almost clear. It's almost time for coffee date time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have read Matched! :D I need to read Crossed as well.
    I wish I could do more garage saleing.;) There are some good bargains out there to be had! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've always meant to ask if you have garage-saleing. :)
    What a great idea to post a Want To Do list instead of sticking to the basic Need to Do List. I'll have to make one, too . . . after I finish NaNoWriMo. Its kind-of an all-consuming project right now, and we're only on Day Four. You're going to put that on your list for next November, right???
    Hugs!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made me so much more excited about summer!!! Ah, can't wait for the holidays! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun lists... I seem to make those types of lists for winter when I have more time to sit and relax ;)

    I'm not ready to think about winter or Christmas but it seems to be coming faster than I'd like it so I guess I'd better embrace it wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving your list. Especially two of the items on my own to-do: comment on blogs of people I love more faithfully and write letters. Speaking of which, I think I need your new address. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...