Saturday, December 24, 2011

Love came down:



I still remember the small-girl feeling of deep contentment that would settle low in my stomach during the hazy drive home from the grandparents’ house at the end of Christmas Day. I’d fall half-asleep with a handful of gifts clutched in my lap, my belly full of good things and my memory warmed by the hugs and happy conversation of cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. The black of night wrapped around the car like a blanket, and I was already anticipating waking on Boxing Day to an entire day of remembering, playing with new treasures, and eating good leftovers. But a part of me was always scared that I wouldn’t get to see that tomorrow, that all of today’s happiness would be cut short. So before I let myself sleep, I’d wrap my arms around myself and pray, ‘Not tonight please, Jesus.’ (read more)


It's Christmas Eve, and the rest of my family -- including my sister, brother-in-law, and wee baby niece -- are all making their way to their respective beds. For you, I wish peace and joy in the rememberance of the greatest Gift. Love to you.

(I hope I can sleep!)

* * * * *

Conversations:

Brenda -- they really are awesome!

Un -- the phone convo with you definitely helped inspire me to post -- and to make Scandinavian almond bars!

Cara -- my sister Lauren pointed out a link to the recipe right here. Hope you saw it before the need for them passed!

Lauren -- nail painting? check! :)

Littlebluefishy -- aw, so glad you like the pictures :). And yes, those pencils are so cool! Looking forward to eating some of those almond bars tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

Katie -- and I hope just the same for you -- with pictures!

Hannah -- hooray!!! I'll look forward to checking out your blog. So glad you're in blogland :). xxx

4 comments:

  1. I think that article was written for me...thanks. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Danielle! Pray your new year will be blessed and filled with the happiness of the Lord!
    ~Joy @ joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Danielle!
    love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle,

    Happy New Year!
    Sounds like it was a lovely time with family... you must have a lot of special memories tucked away now!

    Praying for you, as we go into this new year... with HIM at the helm!

    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...